Those dreams that pass through the gate of sawn ivory deceive men, bringing words that find no fulfilment.
1 2 3 4 5 Next
Anonymous asked: You're very vain, but in a good way. Haha!
Why, because I have pictures of myself on my blog? You might as well say that to all the other models who get photographed and are happy with how the pictures turn out. However good the way my supposed vanity is, what you’ve said does little to comfort me, anon :/
amazed that my perpetual discomfort from prolonged scrutiny is never evident in the photos from any of my photoshoots. i might have my very last one this saturday. i’ll make it fucking hot.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Not Date Me
(as if there isn’t enough to discourage you)
- You will have to put up with the fact that I am mercurial as fuck. One minute I’ll be gushing about how enlightened I was reading Proust last night, the next minute I’ll be wrapped up in self-deprecation and feelings of inadequacy at how I will never write as staggeringly as Marcel, and consequently drag you down with my lamentations. I will have a lot to talk about when it comes to my shortcomings. Believe me, there’s no other girl out there like me in that aspect. You’re better off with a ditz.
- I love my alone time. In fact, I might be in love with my alone time. It takes up a sizeable percentage of my day. I look forward to going home and holing up in my room to think and read. It’s the only place where I don’t feel like I’m being scrutinized. It’s such a pain in the ass to have to deal with that. Unless I want to be watched (if you know what I mean *nudge nudge*).
- I live in my head. You want to cuddle? Later, I’m still pondering over yesterday’s discussion in class about Li Po’s drunken poetry where my teacher claimed that his verses supposedly do not align with the teachings of Taoism. Not. If Taoism is all about being one with nature, then imbibing the vino that bringeth veritas is the way to go. We are ourselves when we are drunk. You can’t be more “one with [one’s own] nature” than that. Oh I’m sorry, you don’t know Li Po?
- Prepare to suffer a huge amount of dream- and surf- pop and neo-soul. To specifically point, if you like American Idol and MTV, don’t even think about dating me.
- I’m very opinionated. I will most certainly comment on your choice of clothing in terms of how it reflects the body language you want to convey. Sagging jeans? Please, you’re not Lil Wayne. Dirty denim is fine, better if they’re artfully ripped. And I will not pass an opportunity to tell you how you listening to all those artists (hint: Adam Levine) who sold out to making annoyingly catchy party songs makes you so pedestrian in my book
- A good date for me equals meaningful conversations. I’m not asking for a talkative person, I’m asking for someone who knows what he’s talking about. If you are well-versed in matters like art house films, counter-culture movements, and poetry, then at some point in the conversation I will want to kiss you. And as far as I have been actively dating, I have not met someone whom I wanted to kiss. So you’re probably not that guy. Better not waste your time on me.
- Balance is one of the principal tenets of my life. I literally get sick when things are out of balance, such as the temperature, the number of hours I sleep, or the way you do or do not equal the amount of affection I give you. Blame it on my zodiac sign or what my dad taught me about how he does his lending business; if someone wants to borrow a certain amount of money, give him 25 percent more (without interest) than his required amount to ensure that he can pay back fully and on time. I do the same. I give more than what is expected, but it is expected that you give back. Leave me with a bad debt and I will hound you about it long after I’ve ended the relationship. I mean, who in the world likes being taken for granted? Forgive the business terminology. There is no other way I can clearly define a balanced relationship without sounding cheesy and abstract like Paulo Coelho whose writing sucks by the way.
- I’m so boring. I believe in the saying that ‘there’s more to life than books, but not much left.’
- I’m sure you’ll be annoyed of how I completely lack confidence in myself.
- I don’t believe in love anymore. Been there, done that. So if you do decide that you want to date me, the best you can get is a couple of months of vacillating then never hearing from me again. Your expectations will not be met.